Ultra-compact portable LED projector LED technology - Great for movies, gaming and PC-free presentations HDMI and built in speaker Built in battery Compact and lightweight 0.4 kg Includes 2 year UK warranty on the projector and 5 year/12,000 hrs warranty on the light source
Great picture for a projector of this size. Only let down is the fact the latest firmware is about 3 years out of date, therefore the version of Android it runs, plus the apps available are all very dated.
Hadn't planned to use the smart function anyway, using a firestick, so all works well. Picture sharp and bright.
I had to do a massive research on compact projectors and on projectors in general to understand which one is the right one for me as there are so many choices. This one seems to tick most of the boxes, and here are my conclusions:
1. Brightness - it is bright enough to perform well on 85" diagonal with semi-dimmed lights and is brilliant in dark room - see the photos.
2. Picture quality - happy with it, the colours look natural and there are plenty of colour adjustment modes and options.
3. Portability - it is very small and lightweight, as it does not have battery. Comes with a very good quality travel case.
4. Smart features - they are there but I am not using them as I rely on Firestick completely.
5. Resolution - 720p looks totally fine at 85", and you can't see the pixels from two meters. I wouldn't mind to get a native full HD one, but the price difference does not justify it (I got mine for £320 from the Amazon Warehouse, like new)
6. Sound - the in-built speakers are surprisingly good and loud.
7. Connectivity - WiFi and Bluetooth all good, but again, I use Firestick to get input and cast sound to my soundbar (it works with lags, so I am changing it to an audio cable from the projector).
8. Fan - it is really quiet and even at the highest speed the fan does not distracts at all.
- No horizontal keystone adjustment, so it has to be placed directly at the centre of the screen.
- Would love to have an option to switch inputs via direct remote button to pair with Harmony remote.
All in all, highly recommend this. Great value for money from a reputable brand, especially at a discounted price.
Stopped working on second day
I got this several years ago instead of a traditional TV and have been quite happy with it, i am about 3-4k hours usage time with the projector. I originally bought it as being a renter and having to move regularly meant that it was useful to have something compact and light that i could take to friends, use at bbqs and generally for a bit of gaming/tv.
For everyday home use it is paired with the kindle fire 4k and a q acoustic m3 over bluetooth but any bluetooth speaker is a decent upgrade. You can use this with a small stand or gorilla pod if portability is your thing. The case with everything in is about the same size as a 2l tupperware container and is very light.
Brightness is not incredible unless it is nighttime, watching in a dimly lit room with the curtains drawn will generally produce an acceptable 3lx2.5h meter picture. It can be usable even in bright light if you are willing to drop this to a 21" screen.
Overall i am very happy with it and am waiting for the technology to get better before getting something 4k/4000 lumens bulb-free.
NB: in sales this will sometimes go down to £389
'camera weight' so all standard camera triports worked i paired it with a £50 manfrotto from pc world to keep it stable
theoretically will last for about 8 years heavy use without bulb replacement
Does the job
EDID issue which can prevent some devices working - testing a workaround with an EDID injector
on-board software/pdf reader is disappointing slow and underpowered
power brick can be awkward, particularly if you want to move the projector
poor but functional speaker
rather loud fans unless you are using a decent sound system
Did not with HDCP in my testing ie xbox360 will not play dvds
Some of the above could have been easily fixed with a firmware upgrade if optima ever decided to release one.
WOW this is a great little portable projector. I use it as I travel a lot and it was unfeasible to take a "normal" size one. I have used the sd card slot and the hdmi connection and both are great.
I've used it approx 8 feet away from a white wall and the writing/pictures are crystal clear so much in fact that my colleagues have bought it as well.
Great quality. Image is very crisp and use is simple. But remember that the quality of the projector depends on how dark is the room. that's why cinemas do not have windows ;-). I would really recommend it.
|Be the first to start a new discussion on this product!|