Powered by Intel's latest i5-8265 Processor Incredible 92% 4-Way Edge to Edge Full HD display Ultra-tough with Military Grade durability Exclusive dual-function Number Pad Touchpad Harman Kardon Speakers OS : Windows 10
True a work of art! Fast with an impressive screen and decent battery especially considering it's using a 4K display! I got it with an impressive deal here on Amazon so was one of the best buys I ever did here! The only thing is that I didn't manage to get the face recognition working for some reason - maybe someone can help me out? Tbh I will troubleshoot this a bit further but will not waste time tbh. The fingerprint scanner works flawlessly so not really bothered.
Good laptop with decent specs that is let down by the constant need for wiping after every use. Asus includes a free microfiber cloth, so I would assume that they are aware of the fingerprint magnet issue. Just kind of worried that nothing will be left of the computer due to the constant wiping!
The USBs are slightly wonky and headphone jack needs pushing hard when using headphones.
The screen is great, sound is ok, battery is also fine. The fan kicks in when you do multi tasking using different programs at once and you would think it's going to take off when playing games. This is not a gaming laptop anyway.
Over all, good compact laptop despite the above minor issues.
The only point I will make on the actual product review is tge following: such a piece of hardware for 1 grand is an bargain. However, if you can spend £300-400 more, I would suggest looking at HP or Dell. You wouldn't get all the features of the ASUS, but you'll get a more reliable and better constructed laptop. Perhaps, you can let go of the 4k touchscreen display (not that useful in 13" non-foldable PC).
Regarding the actual laptop delivered to me, I had two very bad experiences.
The first laptop, had a strong light-bleed in the middle of the display and the upper arrow button was slightly leaning on one side.
Therefore, I asked for a replacement. However, the second laptop wasn't perfect as well. It had a scratch on the frame, it doesn't not affect the usage or performance of the laptop, but it is disappointing for a £1000 machine. Moreover, the "enter" button, does not work for 85% of the times, it is jammed.
I supposed the ridiculous discount is justified by these "minor" issues. Yet, it is not a nice thing to discover.
For some of the issues, you can call the ASUS customer service. They may repair your laptop for free.
I have bought it at last year Christmas time as it was coming at discount. Before buying it I have read and seen lot of reviews and in all the reviews they were mentioning about laptop heating a small problem. But it is a very big problem, laptop heats like furnace and the fans run like flight engine fan. I am very much disappointed in the product and am surprised on how Asus can compare this with MacBook Air. Price is also too high when compare to the performance of the product.
Small, light, powerful, good looking, high quality build.
Only two minor issues:
1. Letters are in centre of keys so if you need additional language on the keyboard you need to find and buy a special small stickers otherwise the letters will overlap.
2. The cooling system makes roaring noise if workload is high. I'm not sure if that would cause more serious issues later but for now noise is bothering only with high workload and most of the time the laptop is absolutely quiet.
Bought this on sale for £999.99, overall pleased with quality for the price. I needed a modern, lightweight and powerful laptop with nice graphics and long battery life for freelancing and working online so this laptop feels great for it.
- colour and design of the device (looks really nice, especially the combo of blue laptop + light blue lightning keyboard);
- display (very nice colours in full HD, really liked matte screen and the size of it (nano edge) - however, for some reason when I just received the laptop it seemed smaller than I expected so am really happy I went for 15" model;
- performance (fast and smooth);
- keyboard (lightened up and feels great when typing; after a few days on this my old laptop's keyboard seems like vintage);
- face recognition is useful;
- weight is ok (expected to be lighter but keeping in mind laptop's specs, the weight its totally fine);
- built-in quality (feels premium);
- sd card reader (very useful);
- it takes seconds from turning it on to starting working;
- added case (really useful)
It would be better:
- metallic finish (which is a fingerprint magnet; it's kinda difficult to clean them)
- face recognition (about 2 times from 10 it won't work/won't turn on automatically - then need to enter pin)
- touchpad (sometimes it isn't the most responsive but most of the times its ok)
- battery life (about 6h when working online/multitasking which is ok keeping in mind the weight and slimness of the device, but still would like something like 10h)
- missing thunderbolt 3 (personally I don't need it now but baring in mind one will be using laptop for several years, this might be something ASUS has missed on this device.
- charger's size (regular ASUS charger which is kinda big for traveller. It's kinda weird that laptop manufacturers (not ASUS alone) are trying to make laptops more and more portable but are still offering heavy chargers which is not really convenient for travellers/people on the move. It's ok when you travel few times a year but looking forward it would be nice to see something smaller.
|Be the first to start a new discussion on this product!|